Monday, November 5, 2007

IN WHO DO WE TRUST?

A couple of minutes ago I got off a phone call with a new client, or what I hope is going to be the new client. This Mr. X was extremely sceptical of me, mediation and how I can help him resolve his $10,000 debt. In fact, he was so reluctant to share information with me that he did not event want to give me his name in the beginning. Of course, initially I thought, well here's another wacko, but then I realized that because of all of these charlatan companies out there it is getting harder than ever for an honest Joe to provide legitimate services.

How does one establish trust? Who do we trust these days? Is a website address enough to make people trust you? I think that if I was in his place, I too, would not trust me. Assistance is only helpful when it is trusted. Wearing a white coat or a twelve-hundred dollar suit maybe an image, but is it legitimate enough? So many questions, so little time.

NOTE: I will post an update as soon as I gain or lose the trust of Mr. X.

No comments: