Saturday, November 17, 2007

RANDOM THOUGHTS

For the past few months I have been in desperate need of a reliable and professional court researcher. Good help is hard to find. I am really loosing my respect for humanity. People who are supposed to run professional and respectable businesses are extremely unreliable. It even goes beyond that, most of them simply lack courtesy. I am not talking about something extreme, nor am I being picky. It is not as if though I am getting upset because the researcher used a green highlighter instead of a yellow one -nothing like that. Allow me to explain:

I have interviewed a person for the job who sounded great! Knew what I was talking about, seemed to be very professional and was willing to start work immediately. We finished our conversation with me telling him to keep me posted and even though there was no deadline on my research I requested to be updated on weekly basis. Three weeks - no calls, no emails, no responses to my emails or calls. In the epic words of Donald Trump, "You're fired!"

Since then I had similar and worse experiences with three other people; I think it's evident that people in this town don't want to work. Not even for good money. As a mediator, who should be able to find common ground with anyone, I am stumped.

* * *
So the SWG strike is still going on - for the 13th day! Okay, I get it it's nothing, since last time it lasted for about six months. In any event I support the writers and can't wait until they reach an amicable resolution with the studios. Curiously enough though, I have not heard anything about the Federal mediator who has been chosen assist in resolving this issue. (Feel free to comment if you got any new info.) Let's get new shows on the road!

No comments: