Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mediation or elese?

Recently I have been hired to assist in structuring a real estate deal. Should this not be the job or a real estate agent?

A property buyer asked me to assist in structuring a purchase deal... well, scratch that, assist in assisting the two RE agents to come to a consensus over the real estate deal they are making. I was very skeptical. However, I realized that sometimes, when the parties cannot agree on an amount to a purchase or a sale having a mediator is very, very useful. I was able to point out great faults with both side's offers and bring them to a close within two hours. I only wish more people would use a neutral third party for their big purchases or sales. Imagine a world where you don't have to deal with a car salesman. (eBay and Chevy - I know.)

No comments: